The Sr. Blue Yonder (or Planning Systems) Project Manager is a trusted advisor to client project leadership for assigned accounts. This resource coordinates and drives communications between Spinnaker SCA and the customer to support achieving client objectives and acts as the project facing lead to the client.
The PM must provide clear, relevant, and prescriptive advice based on their experience in Supply Chain and/or Systems Implementations to bring our projects to successful completion. This resource has subject matter expertise in at least one of the functional areas (demand and supply planning, order processing or fulfillment) and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Execute established policies and procedures for the project, e.g. quality assurance, communication plan and ongoing project governance
- Manage Spinnaker SCA resources, partners and/or customer resources used to complete tasks in a project
- Review project deliverables for quality and completeness and reconcile to the SOW and champion compliance by contributing to knowledge sharing across teams to build compliance capability of others
- Maintain the integrated project plan to include the communication plan and project schedule
- Stay current and involved in collecting conditions of the project relative to resources (people and cost), schedule (time), and features (the solution and its quality) as specified by the established project protocol.
- Validate and reconcile actual performance with planned performance, analyze variances, evaluate possible alternatives, and take appropriate corrective action as agreed within the project protocol
- Collect, review, and publish project status with regard to resources (people and cost), schedule (time), stakeholder management, and features (the solution and its quality) that influence project performance and completion
- Establish a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle and create an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks
- Relationship Building
- Engage with customer stakeholders to develop partnerships, leveraging broad technical expertise. Manages escalations or ensures resolution of escalations with customer stakeholders through tailored corrective action (e.g., education) and overcoming ambiguous situations as needed. Leverage project sponsors and internal network to influence stakeholders and resolve situations.
- Drive customer satisfaction by engaging with customers stakeholders in a positive manner, reviewing and analyzing customer feedback, and leveraging trusted relationships with key internal resources to act as the voice of the customer.
- Apply advanced knowledge across project management principles to execution and delivery, contribute at team-wide level to share knowledge and support others, serve as a mentor to junior colleagues to grow identified skill gaps, and participate in peer alignment activities to share lessons learned on challenging projects.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree or equivalent experience in related field (Business Management, Supply Chain, Information Systems)
- Minimum 3 years project management of complex systems implementations with logistics, supply chain or fulfillment operations highly preferred
- Demonstrated capability in managing large, complex consulting implementations from sales through to go live enterprise production.
- Strong customer executive presence and demonstrated ability to engage and manage delivery solution scope and customer accountabilities in complex enterprise deliveries
- Strong program and relationship leadership skills effective in building, extending, and maintaining senior client relationships and experience in leading project delivery executive steering committee meetings with enterprise customers
- Demonstrated ability to lead consulting teams comprising of 5+ senior level domain experts
- Scrum Master, Project Management fundamentals (e.g. PMI or equivalent), Industry-specific certifications and experience applying these skills in large active consulting customer project engagements and deliveries
- Ability to travel up to 25%+ based on client requirements and demands