Consultants at Spinnaker SCA are expected to assist in the delivery of work product on client engagements, provide support to internal colleagues, perform research, prepare training materials, and manage the smaller day to day meetings on client engagements.
- Support existing Blue Yonder system by executing the following duties:
- Check to ensure no critical errors occurred in the batch.
- Send pro-active emails communicating status if a critical issue was encountered.
- Perform analysis of logs and trending information to predict future problems that can be addressed before impacting the business.
- Conduct regular meeting to walk through system issues, enhancements and system performance reports with the business and technical leadership.
- Develop, test and implement new code enhancements.
- Work with scheduling team to make batch schedule changes.
- Generate ideas for increased technical system efficiency and opportunities for
- Utilize personal know-how and critical experience to help clients to determine the optimal path for key supply chain process related decisions.
- Guide clients in best practice and be knowledgeable and self-directed in educating themselves on leading practice.
- Ability to write and maintain code in XML, PL SQL, and batch scripts necessary to support the batch process.
- Ability to maintain custom interface code by searching for invalid data records and avoid accumulation of necessary records.
- Ability to write meaningful technical specifications that convey script algorithm in understandable language with graphics to support complex ideas.
- Ability to leverage version control software to store code base.
- Ability to schedule existing scripts in an automated scheduling tool, such as Control-M.
- Possesses a fundamental knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Understands the process and documentation needed support user acceptance testing,
- Possesses a fundamental knowledge of relation database theory and the ability to expend an existing design.
- Ability to perform logical database administrative tasks, such as adding tables, indexes and removing fragmentation from database objects.
- Ability to check and monitor database performance leveraging tools, such as Quest Toad and SQL Developer.
- Ability to comfortably work within:
- Quest Toad and SQL Developer
- Familiarity with issue management systems like Remedy or JIRA
- Notepad, Screen capturing
- MS Word, MS Excel (including formula usage/defining), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS OneNote, MS Visio, MS Project
- White boards, flip charts, projectors
- BS in Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Business or other technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience in systems administration experience
- 8-10 years’ experience in RDBMS administration and database tuning,
- 8-10 years’ experience in shell scripts development UNIX environments (Korn shell and PERL preferred).
- 8-10 years’ experience with systems integration and interface development
- 8-10 years’ experience in IS technology including backup and recovery systems, Disk deployment and configuration, security systems, job scheduling, and network technology including internet protocols
- SME level of knowledge in at least one of the following
- Supply chain business processes
- Technology solutions
- Key client industries
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Programming skills
General business and engineering problem solving abilities. Ability to use Excel models as well as more sophisticated mathematical modeling and optimization models.