Principal consultants operate as an individual contributor role within Spinnaker SCA. They serve as subject matter experts in various business processes, technology solutions, and market/industry related disciplines.
While the principal consultant must defer to project leadership while on a client engagement, it the explicit responsibility of this individual to provide guidance to project leadership to ensure timely, quality results and to ensure their assigned project track is not derailed by common design, implementation, testing, deployment, or project governance related issues.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Manhattan Associates (MA) Warehouse Management System (WM Active), based on an in-depth knowledge of application features/functions and the unique business requirements of the client.
- Support the development of client proposals where applicable.
- Manage the successful delivery of work product on client engagements.
- Manage the development and dissemination of project deliverables
- Encourages client participation and ensures the timely delivery of deliverables to the client
- Utilize personal know-how and critical experience to help clients to determine the optimal path for key supply chain process related decisions.
- Maintain frequent contact with clients with support from senior personnel – interviews, analysis, presentations, providing recommendations, etc.
- Facilitate and support functional acceptance testing: test plan, test data, expected results and acceptance criteria.
- Engage in a contributor role to practice growth through white paper, case study, proposal, and statement of work development.
- Provide limited oversight, guidance, knowledge transfer and mentorship of project related resources
- including other consultants, client resources, and approved third-party personnel during engagements as appropriate and as defined within the governing statement of work
- Providing direct support to internal colleagues with pertinent questions, or through the development of collateral that can be shared within the group
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, operations research, business or other technical field. Graduate degree preferred
- Specific knowledge and use of the system Development life cycle and other change management processes
- 8-10 Specific functional knowledge related to the user configuration of JDA, I2, SAP or Oracle
- 8-10 years of business process development support for APS processes that include Forecasting, replenishment, Deployment, Network Optimization, Inventory optimization, Procurement, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Warehousing and Forward and Reverse Logistics
- 8-10 years of technology implementation (JDA, i2, Oracle, SAP)
- A detailed knowledge of Enterprise Supply Planning (ESP) is required. Within ESP, knowledge of Deep Tree (Master Planning) is expected with experience using MAP and LPOpt solver engines beneficial
- Experience with Sequencing (SEQ) is a plus
- PMP, APICS, Six Sigma, ACPF or similar industry Certifications are a plus
- Meaningful experience within key client industries
- Specific knowledge and use of the system development life cycle and other change management processes
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills (ability to follow a DMAIC process – define, measure, analyze, improve, control)
- Quantitative and analytical skills
Presentation abilities (up to manager/director/VP client levels)